Sunday, July 10, 2016

Erislandy Lara will fight against Canelo or Golovkin Next

junior middleweight titleholder Erislandy Lara is setting his sights high for his next battle, saying that his first decision is to climb to middleweight and face WBC/WBA/IBF titleholder Gennady Golovkin, with his second decision being a rematch of his 2014 battle with Canelo Alvarez.

Lara (23-2-2, 13 KO) vanquished Vanes Martirosyan last Saturday night in a Showtime headliner, effectively protecting the WBA 154-pound title. He confronted Alvarez in 2014 and lost a split choice, and has been looking at battling Golovkin for a bit now. Erislandy Lara boxing news


The most concerning issues for the 33-year-old Cuban is not his relationship with Al Haymon, who appears to make manages anybody if the arrangements are correct, yet the straightforward realities that (1) he's great, (2) he's not energizing, and (3) he's not a draw. That is a formula for having an extreme time discovering battles. It was something of an amazement when Alvarez battled him in 2014, and Alvarez is presently at a point, star-wise, where neither he nor his promoters appear as enthusiastic about going out on a limb as they used to, which was presumably normal.

With respect to the Golovkin battle, I know you may trust that I kind of crap crapped that thought on Monday's podcast, yet like I said then, it isn't so much that I don't believe it's a flawlessly sensible battle to make, it's simply that I, myself, don't see Lara being the huge danger to GGG that some do. Still, I'd preferably discover than not, especially if Canelo isn't going to battle Golovkin in September. It's absolutely a fascinating thought than, say, Avtandil Khurtsidze, a contender I like observing far more than I like viewing Lara, however, I would say is truly no risk at all to Golovkin. I'm willing to trust I may simply not be right about Lara, who is a class contender. I'm sure I am not off-base about Khurtsidze.

No comments:

Post a Comment